Website HLArchitects Henning Larsen
We are curious and work holistically, creating the setting for t
Are you a tech and sustainability enthusiast and you’re currently studying Architecture or Engineering?
You can now apply for a design internship within our sustainability and computation division in Henning Larsen. You will be part of a global community, working with international projects of all scales.
You will be working on the below focused topics:
– Circular economy and carbon reduction
– Microclimate and Simulations
– Computational/generative design and data analysis
The internship starts in August 2023 and it is paid.
Deadline 23 April 2023.
Henning Larsen is an international design studio with strong Nordic roots, where curiosity and Design with Knowledge are our main principles. Are you a student interested in joining our mission to create more sustainable build environments and explore contemporary technologies? We are looking for interns to join our global design community and within our sustainability and computation department. As our new intern you will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary group of architects, engineers, PhDs and computational designers working on shaping experiences of human interaction through advanced digital methodologies. It is our ambition to pioneer sustainable change through our work. Our projects and solutions aim to inspire, innovate, and set not just best practice, but next practice. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1959.
About the internship
Joining our Copenhagen office, you will be part of a company working with international projects of all scales and sizes. We offer intern positions for 6-12 months, with the opportunity for extension. The candidates must be students during the time of the internship. The goal is for you to develop competencies within a variety of fields and be able to work independently with site analysis and in depth understanding of how we design with knowledge. Start date: August 2023. The internship is paid.
What are we looking for?
For the fall semester, we are looking for interns with a passion for developing tools, methodologies, and solutions for a more sustainably holistic design. The ideal candidate has an architectural or engineering background and has advanced analytical, communicational, and graphic skills. More specifically we are looking interns to work on the below focus areas:
• Circular economy and carbon reduction: We are constantly developing tools and methodologies to inform our design proposals and help us innovate in the selection of materials and overall design scenarios. Familiarity with LCA tools and methodologies is a plus.
• Microclimate and Simulations: From Scandinavia to the Middle East, microclimate design is one of Henning Larsen’s core competencies. We have an advanced workflow to simulate the microclimatic conditions and understand how to define orientation, height, and density of buildings. Familiarity with CFD, daylight and/or UTCI simulations is a plus.
• Computational/generative design and data analysis: We are constantly exploring emerging technologies and implement them in our practice. Through research or client projects, we develop scripts to optimize building envelopes, to automate mundane processes and create interfaces to communicate data. Familiarity with python, C# and/or game engines is a plus.
Skills in Rhino and Grasshopper are essential for all the above categories, as well as proficiency in English. Danish is a plus.
How do you apply?
Submit your application, portfolio (max 10 MB) and CV before 23 April 2023. Please note that interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
About Henning Larsen
Henning Larsen is an international design studio with strong Nordic roots and values at the core of who we are. We aim to promote a creative, non-hierarchical workplace, which fosters supportive environments and the freedom to assert and test new ideas and visions. This work culture, coupled with our commitment to new learning opportunities, stimulates our employees’ individual and collective creativity and skills in design and service. We currently employ approx. 750 people working in an international environment. Follow us at Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter.
Access to a world of knowledge
We believe that creativity in design thinking is propelled through an active use of data and knowledge in the process. Through our Ramboll ownership, you will get access to experts that can provide world leading technical insight, data and knowledge across the engineering and socio-economic disciplines. Together, we will be able to provide visionary buildings and spaces that offer concrete solutions to some of the most demanding challenges facing cities and communities around the globe.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.