Welcome to the Association of Data-Driven Design roundup. We aim to share a summary of current information and news on Data-Driven Design practices within the construction industry. Please get in touch if you have any ideas, suggestions or have something to share.
TestFit’s Nat MacDonald discusses workflows to get your data and buildings from TestFit to Revit and vice versa.
2. A Brief History of Automation in Architecture
To understand how automation developed and the prospects it offers for architecture, here is a brief timeline.
3. Flocking Tejas: BASE Studio’s Exhibit for the Venice Biennale 2021
Systemic thinking and generative design contribute to new forms.
4. The Hickman – The Smartest Building in London
Great Portland Estate’s James Pellatt discusses their building and app sesame.
5. Data from the MX3D Bridge in Holland
Kean Walmsley talks about the data behind the MX3D bridge which was unveiled this week.
6. The Future of Wood: Parametric Building Platforms
How technology convergence enables consistent , yet infinitely configurable, mass timber.
Please share comments on the above, and subscribe below to get weekly updates in data driven design.
Thanks for reading!